Higher Education and Research Bill: impact assessment
Analyses the effects of the measures set out in the Higher Education and Research Bill.
Ref: BIS/16/264 PDF, 742KB, 31 pages
Ref: BIS/16/295 PDF, 1.74MB, 244 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
These documents consider the impact of the measures set out in the Higher Education and Research Bill on:
- higher education providers
- other parts of society
The impact assessments cover the measures on:
- the Teaching Excellence Framework
- sector entry and the single gateway
- information sharing
- student protection
- establishing the Office for Students
- deregulating higher education corporations and simplifying governing documents
- power to enter and inspect
- alternative finance
- establishing UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)