© Crown copyright 2017
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hampton-court-and-dittons-regatta-river-restriction-notice/hampton-court-and-dittons-regatta-river-restriction-notice
Saturday 22 July 2017 from 10am to 5pm.
Teddington Reach to Hampton Court Bridge to Thames Ditton Island
Directions for navigation and general information during this event:
- The skiff races will take place between Hampton Court Bridge and Dittons Skiff and Punting Club on the left/south side of the river.
- The navigation channel shall be established on the Hampton Court, right/north side of the river.
- The punting races will take place between the upstream end of Thames Ditton Island and Kingston Grammar School Boathouse on the Hampton Court, right/north side of the River.
- Regatta boards will mark the upstream and downstream extent of the course.
- Racing will start at 10am and will be over by 5pm.
- Masters of all boats to maintain a safe speed and lookout between the Hampton Court Bridge and Thames Ditton Island.
- All boats must be navigated in accordance with any instructions given from Environment Agency control points or patrol launches.
- Those in charge of boats should be aware that they are responsible for avoiding collision and should use all available means appropriate to the circumstances and conditions to decide if there is a risk of immediate danger and avoid it.
- Bathing is not allowed in the river on the course during the hours of racing.
N.B. All directions as to river left and river right are given looking upstream.
Nothing contained in these directions shall supersede those parts of the Thames Navigation Licensing and General Byelaws 1993 as may be relevant.
And Notice is hereby given, that it is provided by Byelaw 52 of the Thames Navigation Licensing and General Byelaws, 1993 that:
The master of any vessel shall except in an emergency not pass any boat-race regatta public procession or gathering for the launch of a vessel or any other event or function which may cause a crowd to assemble on or by the river nor station his vessel thereon in such a manner as would risk obstructing impeding or interfering with such boat-race regatta procession launching event or function or endangering the safety of persons assembling on the river or preventing or interfering with the maintenance of order thereon. The maximum penalty for breach of the Byelaws is £1,000.