Guide to liquidation (winding up) and re-using a company name
Guidance on how a director can apply to wind up their company and the restrictions on re-using a company name.
This publication provides general information only. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate, but it is not a full and authoritative statement of the law and you should not rely on it as such. The Insolvency Service cannot accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions as a result of negligence or otherwise.
Insolvency enquiry line
Contact form http://www.insolvencyd...
Telephone 0300 678 0015
For information about the insolvency process contact the Insolvency Enquiry Line during office hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday). We can give you general information about: insolvency, what official receivers do and where you can go to get the information or advice you need.
We can’t give you: legal or financial advice, information on specific insolvency cases, information or advice on matters directly relating to other government departments.
Published: 5 February 2016
Updated: 5 May 2017
- link to High Court winding up petition included.
- Changes in line with the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016.
- Changed to improve search engine optimisation for re-using a company name.
- Updated to reflect changes to fees
- Changes to reusing a company name
- Link added to options when a company is insolvent
- First published.
From: The Insolvency Service