The government response to the seventh report from the House of Commons Science and Technology Committee (session 2010 to 2012, HC 855).
The House of Commons Science and Technology Committee published the report of its inquiry into the Forensic Science Service (FSS) on 1 July 2011. The inquiry considered the government’s decision to manage the closure of the Forensic Science Service, including:
- the reasons for the FSS’s financial difficulties and the government’s decision making process
- the impact on forensic science research and development
- the wider implications for the criminal justice system
- the capacity of private forensic service providers
- the impact of forensic science services carried out by police forces
This command paper sets out the government response to the conclusions and recommendations in the committee’s report.