Government Functional Standard GovS 011: Communication
This functional standard is part of a suite of functional standards designed to promote consistent and coherent working within government organisations and across organisational boundaries.
The standard provides direction and guidance for:
- permanent secretaries, directors general (and chief executive officers (CEO) of arm’s length bodies)
- senior leadership and board members within organisations;
- those commissioning communications
- communications leads within organisations
- those involved in developing, managing and delivering communications
- third parties engaged in government communications, including in partnership marketing
If you have comments or feedback about this functional standard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 3 September 2021 + show all updates
Version 2.0 of this standard replaces the previous edition [version 1 dated August 2019] and has the same purpose, scope and intent. The main changes relate to: • Updated references from the GCS Canon of Professional Practice • Minor wording changes to ensure consistency across the suite of functional standards • Splitting the key Principles [section 2] from seven into nine, for purposes of greater clarity.