This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Guidance on UK-level support available when bidding for and staging major sporting events
PDF, 2.94MB, 28 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The Gold Framework sets out how the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and UK Sport jointly work, under a single framework, to provide support to a range of major sporting events in the UK.
The Gold Framework sets out:
• the landscape for major sporting events across the UK, and the roles of the key partners and stakeholders responsible for support and delivery;
• how DCMS and UK Sport will work collaboratively within this landscape to deliver an effective package of support at the UK level, and which complements the wider event delivery landscape in the UK;
• how the Gold Event Series will operate as a joint DCMS and UK Sport programme covering all major sporting events receiving financial or technical support at the UK level;
• the typical lifecycle of an event and the demonstration of the support available at the UK level at each stage, including bidding, hosting and evaluation;
• the principles behind DCMS and UK Sport’s identification of bidding targets and establishing support at the UK level;
• the support provided by DCMS and Government within England, to reflect that of the other major event partnerships in the Home Nations; and
• the partners that can assist major event organisers in developing and delivering a sustainable legacy from an event