Report exploring how new media and new technologies are changing our attitudes to the ageing process.
This review explores how attitudes and behaviours to the ageing process are changing in light of new media and new technology. It focuses on 5 questions:
- How are older people using new technologies and new media?
- How have these changed their own experiences of ageing?
- How have new technologies changed attitudes and behaviours towards ageing and older people?
- What emerging technologies and future technology developments could help older people?
- What are the research challenges to be addressed if individuals and society are to get the most out of developments in technology?
This evidence review was commissioned as part of the Foresight future of an ageing population project.