Funding competition: urban innovation in Brazil
UK businesses can apply for a share of £2.4 million to work with Brazilian partners on innovative urban development solutions in Brazil.
PDF, 1.13MB, 40 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The competition opened on 7 November 2016 and is now closed for registrations.
Innovate UK is investing up to £2.4 million for projects that use cutting-edge solutions to improve cities in Brazil.
The aim of this competition is to encourage innovative partnerships between the UK and Brazil. Innovate UK and the Brazilian government are funding this competition, administered by the Newton Fund.
Projects should address one or more of the following urban challenges:
- the governance of urban systems
- urban infrastructure
- sustainable urban environments
We expect total UK project costs of between £200,000 to £500,000, giving rise to total UK grant of approximately £350,000. Projects should last between 12 and 24 months.
If you are a UK business, you can carry out the project as the only UK partner or you can work with others. However, at least one partner must be Brazilian. A UK business must lead the project.
You must register before noon on 26 April 2017.
You must apply before noon on 3 May 2017.
Watch the webinar briefing event.
Apply for partnership building visit to Brazil.
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 4 November 2016
Updated: 26 April 2017
- Removed registration link.
- Changes in the 'Competition guidance: urban innovation in Brazil R&D' to the amount and conditions of financial product available for Brazilian partners only through the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES), as a result of BNDES introducing a new operational policy.
- Added link to apply for partnership building visit to Brazil.
- Updated link for EU SME definition
- Added link to event briefing recording.
- Updated contact details on the guidance for applicants.
- First published.