Funding competition: open programme round 2 (2016)
UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £15 million to deliver transformational innovations with potential for impact on the UK economy.
This competition opened on 5 December 2016 and is now closed from registrations.
Innovate UK is to invest up to £15 million in innovative research and development projects that will turn innovation excellence into economic impact for the UK.
The aim of this competition is to help businesses develop new products, processes and services with commercial potential. Proposals should demonstrate disruptive and/or cutting-edge innovations. Businesses should demonstrate evidence-based ambition and potential for return on investment, growth and scale-up, preferably with access to global markets.
To be in scope, total costs for the project must be between £25,000 to £1 million. Projects should last between 6 months to 36 months.
The competition is open to businesses of any size. You can work individually or collaboratively.
You must register before midday on 1 February 2017
You must apply before midday on 8 February 2017
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions
Published: 2 December 2016
Updated: 1 February 2017
- Removed the registration link.
- Added clarification to competition guidance (requirements and eligibility) "If you have a current Smart programme funded project which has its final close out meeting after midday, 8 February 2017 then you are not eligible to apply for this round of the open competition."
- Made it clearer that briefing events are optional but recommended.
- Added registration link to briefing event
- Added registration links and guidance for applicants
- First published.