Funding competition: Jiangsu-UK industrial challenge programme
- Innovate UK
- Part of:
- Innovation grants for business: apply for funding, Energy demand reduction in industry, business and the public sector, and City Deals and Growth Deals
- First published:
- 10 April 2017
- Last updated:
- 20 April 2017, see all updates
UK businesses can apply for a share of £5 million to carry out projects with partners from Jiangsu province, People’s Republic of China.
Innovate UK and Jiangsu Science and Technology Department will both invest in collaborative research and development (R&D) projects. Up to £5 million is available for UK partners from Innovate UK. Jiangsu Science and Technology Department will allocate funding for Jiangsu partners.
This programme is delivered according to the memorandum of understanding for Cooperation in Regional Technology and Innovation, signed between Innovate UK and the Jiangsu Science and Technology Department in 2014.
The aim of this competition is to stimulate economic growth in China and the UK through projects in one of the following areas:
- innovation in infrastructure systems that address the challenges faced by infrastructure owners, cities, towns and users
- transformational or disruptive innovation leading to novel, new products, processes or services drawn from any technology, engineering or industrial area
Projects should lead to a significant return on investment and have a clear and anticipated impact on business growth.
We expect to fund between 10 and 15 projects across the 2 areas. Projects should last up to 24 months.
The projects must be business-led on both sides and involve:
- as a minimum, a collaboration between one business from the UK and one from the Jiangsu province
- as an option, additional businesses, universities and research centres from both the UK and Jiangsu province as needed to deliver the project
The competition opens on 10 April 2017.
You must register before midday (BST) on 21 June 2017.
You must apply before midday (BST) on 28 June 2017.
Attend the webinar briefing event on Friday 21 April 2017.
UK applicants can register and apply online.
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 10 April 2017
Updated: 20 April 2017
- Added guidance link in the briefing note.
- Added registration link for 'getting ready for China' event.
- Updated the list of themes for open applications within the application form guidance.
- First published.