UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £15 million to develop innovative solutions to challenges in infrastructure systems.
Innovate UK is to invest up to £15 million in projects to stimulate innovation that creates UK business growth in infrastructure systems. We want businesses to collaborate to develop new integrated solutions and new business models.
We are looking to fund a portfolio of projects. These may include technical feasibility, industrial research or experimental development projects. We expect projects to range in size from total eligible costs of £25,000 to £5 million. Projects should last between 3 months and 3 years.
Projects must show significant innovation in one of our priority areas:
- ‘smart’ infrastructure
- energy systems
- connected transport
- urban living
Proposals must improve business growth, productivity and/or create export opportunities for at least one UK small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) involved in the project.
There are 2 competition options:
- £5 million for projects that last from 3 months to 1 year with costs from £25,000 to £100,000
- £10 million for projects lasting from 1 year to 3 years with costs between £100,000 and £5 million
The competition opens on 16 January 2017.
You must register before midday on 15 March 2017.
You must apply before midday on 22 March 2017.
- briefing event in London on Tuesday 24 January
- online briefing online webinar on Tuesday 24 January
- KTN event on Thursday 19 January in Birmingham
- brokerage event on 26 January in Liverpool
- brokerage event on 31 January in Belfast
- brokerage event on 2 February in Edinburgh
- brokerage event on 7 February in Cardiff
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.