Funding competition: innovation in infrastructure systems
Businesses can apply for a share of up to £15 million to develop innovative solutions to challenges in the infrastructure systems sector.
This competition opened on 4 July 2016 and is now closed for registrations.
Innovate UK is to invest up to £15 million in innovation projects in the infrastructure systems sector.
The aim of this competition is to encourage the development of business-led innovative solutions that will help provide:
- affordable, sustainable and secure energy
- connected transport
- urban living
- integrated infrastructure and resilience of infrastructure to environmental and social pressures
Find out more about these themes in the competition brief.
We are encouraging proposals that provide ways to integrate and/or optimise different infrastructure systems. These solutions will lead to significant improvements in performance, capacity, adaptability, functionality, productivity and resilience.
We expect projects to range in size from total project costs of £25,000 to £5 million although we may consider projects outside this range.
Projects must last between 3 months and 3 years and must include at least one UK-registered small or medium-sized enterprise (SME). If you are a UK SME, you can carry out a project with total costs of up to £100,000 as a single organisation or you can collaborate with others. Projects above £100,000 must be collaborative. A business must lead each project.
You have 2 options to apply for this competition. These depend on the size and length of your project. These options are called streams.
- Stream 1 is for projects lasting up to 1 year with total costs of under £100,000
- Stream 2 is for projects over 1 year or over £100,000
You must register before 12 noon on Wednesday 14 September 2016.
You must apply before 12 noon on Wednesday 21 September 2016.
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions
Published: 4 July 2016
Updated: 14 September 2016
- Removed registration link
- Due to a number of applicant questions, we have made the guidance on submitting appendices more specific and clearer. The changes are in 7.3, 7.5, 7.8 and section 10: project appendices.
- Added 12 July briefing event recording link
- Registration link for briefing event added
- First published.