Funding competition: innovation in health and life sciences round 2
Businesses can apply for a share of £15 million for projects that support SMEs to develop innovations in health and life sciences.
This competition opened on 6 February 2017 and is now closed for registrations.
Innovate UK is investing up to £15 million in projects addressing technical or commercial challenges in health and life sciences (H&LS).
The H&LS sector focuses on agriculture, food and healthcare. It is supported by bioscience technology, medical research and engineering and physical sciences expertise. The aim is to increase competitiveness for UK small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Grants can be awarded to projects led by a UK-based business of any size. In certain circumstances a research and technology organisation (RTO) may also be eligible to lead.
We welcome projects led by SMEs. An SME can apply on its own for funding up to £100,000. All consortia must involve at least one SME.
We expect projects to last from 6 months to 3 years and range in size from total project costs of £50,000 to £2 million.
There are 2 options for applications to this competition:
- £5 million for projects that last from 6 months to 1 year with total project costs from £50,000 to £100,000
- £10 million for projects lasting from 1 year to 3 years with total project costs between £100,000 and £2 million
You must register before midday on 5 April 2017.
You must apply before midday on 12 April 2017.
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 30 January 2017
Updated: 5 April 2017
- Removed registration link.
- Added link to the applicant briefing recording.
- Added the guidance for applicants. Also added more information for Advanced Therapy projects in the brief.
- First published.