Funding competition: EUREKA Eurostars, criteria for UK businesses
EUREKA Eurostars is a European programme for SMEs that supports and funds international collaborative research and development projects.
PDF, 113KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
EUREKA Eurostars is aimed at innovative SMEs wanting to take part in collaborative research with partners across Europe and associated countries. Innovate UK manage UK applications.
Small businesses working on high-quality research and development projects across national borders often find it difficult to attract public-sector funding. Eurostars was set up to overcome this barrier to innovation.
Projects can develop any technology for civilian purpose and must aim to develop a new product, process or service.
Eurostars will stimulate SMEs to lead international collaborative research and innovation projects by:
- easing access to support and funding
- providing funding and support for market-oriented research and development by ‘research-performing’ SMEs
A research-performing SME:
- invests 10% or more of turnover into research, or
- has 10% of full-time equivalent staff working on research activities, or
- has 5 or more full-time staff working on research activities, if the SME has 100 or fewer employees, or
- has 10 or more full-time staff working on research activities, if the SME has 100 or more employees
There will be two competitions for proposals a year between 2014 and 2020.
The next closing date for proposals will be 14 September 2017. More information will be provided nearer the time.
Each country has its own eligibility criteria.
See the competition guidance document for more information.