Funding competition: biomedical catalyst 2017 round 1
UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £10 million to develop innovative ideas that will help solve healthcare challenges.
The aim of this competition is to develop innovative healthcare technologies and processes that will help provide:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
This competition has 2 awards:
- feasibility studies award: to explore and evaluate the commercial potential of innovative scientific ideas
- primer award: to conduct a technical evaluation of your idea through to proof of concept in a model system
Feasibility studies award
We expect total project costs of up to £200,000. Projects should last between 3 months and 1 year. Projects must start by 1 August 2017 and end by 1 August 2018.
We expect projects to range in size from total project costs of £200,000 to £1.5 million. Projects should last up to 2 years. Projects must start by 1 August 2017 and end by 1 August 2019.
An SME must lead the project. The project must be carried out in the UK.
The competition opens on 23 January 2017.
You must register before midday on 22 March 2017.
You must apply before midday on 29 March 2017.
Watch the briefing event recording.
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 16 January 2017
Updated: 7 February 2017
- Added link to briefing event recording.
- Added registration link
- Added the guidance for applicants
- Added registration link for briefing event webinar.
- First published.