This publication was withdrawn on
This competition is no longer open. Search current funding opportunities.
UK businesses can apply for a share of £1.5 million to work with Turkish businesses on innovative solutions to challenges in the agri-food sector in Turkey.
PDF, 1.15MB, 34 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This competition is now closed for registrations.
Innovate UK is to invest up to £1.5 million for UK participants developing innovative solutions to challenges within the agri-food sector in Turkey.
We are running this competition in partnership with the Newton-Kâtip Çelebi Fund. A UK business must lead the project and must work with at least one Turkey-based business. Our Turkish funding partner TÜBİTAK will fund Turkish project partners.
Proposals should suggest ways to:
- use waste by-products and residues from Turkey’s agri-food industry to reduce their negative environmental impact and add value
- improve the agricultural productivity of small and medium sized-farmers in Turkey by upgrading agricultural technology
- improve animal and plant breeding in Turkey
We expect total eligible project costs for each successful UK project to be between £300,000 and £400,000. We will not accept applications with higher costs than £400,000. We may accept costs lower than £300,000 but we must approve this before you apply.
UK applicants must register before noon on 16 November 2016.
UK applicants must apply before noon on 23 November 2016.
Turkish applicants must register with TÜBİTAK before 11 November 2016. Find out more in the guidance for applicants.
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.
Published: 9 May 2016
Updated: 10 March 2017
- Updated notification date in competition brief.
- Removed registration link.
- Added registration link for partnering event on 7 September 2016.
- Changed name of "Department for Business, Innovation & Skills" to "Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy"
- In light of recent events in Turkey, we have decided to extend the deadline for this call. We have worked closely with our colleagues in TUBITAK and the FCO to develop a new schedule for the call, giving enough time for partnerships between UK and Turkish organisations interested in the Newton-Kâtip Çelebi Fund to develop. More information on planned partnering activities to follow soon.
- The partnering event on 25 July has been postponed due to current situation in Turkey. Competition is still going ahead. A new date will be published on this page in due course.
- Added recording and registration links.
- Updated Guidance for Applicants link
- Competition guidance and brief titles have been frontloaded
- Added details of brokering visit to Turkey
- Added details of partnering webinar is on 16th June:
- Webinar briefing recording added
- First published.
From: Innovate UK