Full equality impact assessment: teacher performance
This impact assessment looks at policy changes to help schools in England raise the standard of teaching through tackling teacher underperformance.
The government intends to tackle the issue of underperforming teachers by:
- streamlining arrangements for teacher appraisal and capability procedures
- stripping away duplication and unnecessary bureaucracy
- giving more freedom to headteachers to put in place local arrangements for teacher appraisal and capability procedures
This equality impact assessment looks at the available evidence in order to determine whether these changes will have a greater impact on any particular groups of pupils or teachers.
- description of the policy
- the evidence base
- what the evidence shows - key facts