This notice explains the effects of the law and regulations covering the introduction of the Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme.
This notice cancels and replaces Notice 2002 (June 2017). Details of any changes to the previous version can be found in paragraph 1.2 of this notice.
Published: 30 November 2015
Updated: 3 October 2017
- A link to the AWRS online service has been added at section 6.5 of the Notice.
- This notice has been updated to clarify what is meant by 'controlled liquor'.
- Section 13 ‘Trade buyers obligations’ has been updated to advise of reasonable checks that may be applied to verify the wholesaler you are dealing with and also what to consider when making a wholesale purchase from a business not approved for Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme by HMRC.
- This notice cancels and replaces Notice 2002 March 2017. Details of any changes to the previous version can be found in paragraph 1.2 of this notice.
- Paragraph 4.5 and 13.4 amended.
- Sections 7.1, 12.6 and 14.6 have been updated.
- Sections 7.1 and 14.6 have been updated.
- First published.