EUREKA Eurostars is aimed at innovative SMEs wanting to take part in collaborative research with partners across Europe and associated countries. Innovate UK manage UK applications.
Small businesses working on high-quality research and development projects across national borders often find it difficult to attract public-sector funding. Eurostars was set up to overcome this barrier to innovation.
Projects can develop any technology for civilian purpose and must aim to develop a new product, process or service.
Eurostars will stimulate SMEs to lead international collaborative research and innovation projects by:
- easing access to support and funding
- providing funding and support for market-oriented research and development by ‘research-performing’ SMEs
A research-performing SME:
- invests 10% or more of turnover into research, or
- has 10% of full-time equivalent staff working on research activities, or
- has 5 or more full-time staff working on research activities, if the SME has 100 or fewer employees, or
- has 10 or more full-time staff working on research activities, if the SME has 100 or more employees
There will be two calls for proposals a year between 2014 and 2020.
The next closing date for proposals is 15 September 2016
Each country has its own eligibility criteria.
See above document for EUREKA Eurostars UK partner eligibility criteria and eligible project costs.
UK contact details for questions or further information:
Graham M Mobbs, European Operations Manager, Innovate UK
Telephone: +44 (0)7824 599585