This impact assessment relates to the government’s commitment to implement the family justice review recommendations on reducing case duration in public law cases and the use of experts.
We have considered the impact of these proposals against the statutory obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and our assessment is that the overall impacts are likely to be positive for children, families and individuals. The government response also accepted a number of other recommendations, and as policy is developed, specific impact assessments will follow as appropriate.
- overall equalities impact summary
- equality duties
- evidence sources
- consultation and engagement
- reducing the duration of care proceedings cases
- expert evidence in family proceedings concerning children
- annex a - evidence
- annex b - research evidence