Environment Agency charging scheme and guidance: environmental permits, licence and registration costs and fees.
This document covers charges including those for activities that require a permit (licence) or registration from the Environment Agency under environmental permitting regulations and other laws.
It covers how much it costs for new permits, variations (changes), surrenders (cancel), transfers, deployments, registrations and renewals.
This charging scheme covers:
- flood risk activities
- waste facilities
- mining waste
- mobile plant
- groundwater activities (land spreading)
- water discharge activities and groundwater activities (point source)
- radioactive substances activities
- waste carriers, brokers and dealers
- exempt waste operations
- international waste shipments
- producer responsibility: waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
- producer responsibility: waste batteries and accumulators
- Transfrontier Shipment of Radioactive Waste and Spent Fuel Regulations 2008
We have added flood risk activities (FRA) to our environmental permitting charging scheme and guidance. The new charges for FRA permits are effective from 4 January 2017. For full details see our consultation.
For these applications we receive before 4 January 2017, you must pay a fee of £50 for each flood risk activity to which the application relates.
- erecting any temporary or permanent structure in, over or under a main river
- altering, repairing or maintaining any temporary or permanent structure, over or under a main river, where the work could affect the flow of water in the river or affect drainage work
- building or altering any structure designed to contain or divert flood waters from a main river
Please see the consultation webpage for a summary of consultation responses and our reply to consultees about the new charges for environmental permits for flood risk activities.
For billing queries contact the address on the back of your invoice.
For queries regarding the interpretation of charges email email@example.com