End User Devices Security Guidance: Windows 8.1
This publication was withdrawn on
This content has been moved to the CESG website: https://www.cesg.gov.uk/eud-guidance
Configuration guidance for the use of Windows 8.1 for remote working at OFFICIAL
PDF, 296KB, 20 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Published: 23 January 2014
Updated: 14 September 2015
- AppLocker rules have been tweaked to fix a bug with some printers, and the firewall rules have been updated to improve Network Location Awareness on devices that use a user-initiated VPN connection
- Change in recommendations around VPN in line with Microsoft good practice. Modified firewall rules for Kerberos to help with DirectAccess deployment.
- Updated VPN recommendations following certification of Windows VPN client
- Group Policy settings updated to reflect feedback; Wording changes to maintain consistency across all the platforms.
- Minor correction in AppLocker Group Policy settings
- First published.