Employing agency supply teachers
Guidance on the Agency Workers Regulations 2010, covering the employment of supply teachers from agencies.
This is for:
- school leaders
- school staff
- governing bodies
- local authorities
It applies to:
- local-authority-maintained schools
- academies and free schools
- independent schools
- the role of the hiring organisation
- exemptions from the regulations
- payment of agency supply teachers
Published: 30 March 2014
Updated: 2 September 2016
- Updated references to regulations and contact details for the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- First published.