Work experience: employer guide
How Jobcentre Plus can help employers provide a positive experience of work for young jobseekers and develop local talent and skills.
Work experience organised by Jobcentre Plus enables young, unemployed people to volunteer for placements lasting between 2 and 8 weeks. It’s open to young people who are aged 16 to 24 years old and, in some cases, people aged 25 and over who don’t have any recent work history.
This Jobcentre Plus guidance for employers includes:
- an introduction to work experience organised by Jobcentre Plus
- why you should get involved
- how it works
- how to become a work experience host through Jobcentre Plus
- how to support work experience participants
- where to get further information