Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Research and analysis
Do academies make use of their autonomy?
Research looking at whether academies make use of the autonomy their academy status provides.
This paper reports the results of a survey which looked at:
- the reasons for schools becoming academies
- the changes they have made since conversion
- perceived effect of these changes
- attitudes towards the new national curriculum
- how they collaborate with other schools
- changes in the performance management of staff