Directors’ remuneration reforms: frequently asked questions
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Corporate governance
- 18 March 2013
- Last updated:
- 17 October 2013, see all updates
Guidance on how and when quoted companies will be affected by reforms to the legal framework for directors’ remuneration.
The purpose of this document is to help quoted companies, as defined by the Companies Act 2006, understand how and when they will be affected by reforms to the legal framework for directors’ remuneration.
We have implemented these reforms through a combination of primary legislation and secondary legislation.
The reforms took effect on 1 October 2013, and affect annual general meetings (AGMs) held in reporting years commencing on or after that date.
- primary legislation: information from the Parliament website on the Enterprise and regulatory Reform Act
- secondary legislation: The large and Medium-sized Companies and Groups (Accounts and Reports) (Amendment) Regulations 2013
- ‘Directors’ Remuneration Reporting Guidance’ from the GC100 and Investor Group (GC100 is the Association of General Counsel and Company Secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies)
Published: 18 March 2013
Updated: 17 October 2013
- Update on reforms and new further information links
- First published.