The annual Department of Health (DH) corporate plan sets out departmental priorities for the year ahead.
The plan groups DH’s activity into six priority areas:
- better health; better care; better value: these 3 relate directly to DH’s enduring purpose and capture the key business priorities for the department for this year to April 2013
- successful change, delivering the transition to the new system: picks up the work DH does and its accountability for making this happen
- working with our partners: builds on what DH does now and recognises that in the new system the department will be working differently *transforming DH itself: DH’s journey to develop its capability
The plan is also built around how the department will support the Secretary of State to deliver his 5 strategic objectives:
- a patient-led NHS
- delivering better health outcomes
- a more autonomous and accountable NHS
- improved public health
- reforming long-term and social care.