Dawlish Warren beach management scheme
- Environment Agency
- Part of:
- Flood and coastal erosion risk management: current schemes and strategies and Flooding and coastal change
- First published:
- 19 August 2015
- Last updated:
- 10 November 2016, see all updates
How the Environment Agency and Teignbridge District Council are managing coastal erosion at Dawlish Warren.
Work continues to progress on the £14 million Dawlish Warren beach management scheme. Construction of the main scheme is due to start in 2017.
The estimated long-term benefit of the Warren continuing to shelter communities and the main railway line from storms is £158 million. The overall scheme will help to reduce the risk of flooding to nearly 2,900 properties.
Published: 19 August 2015
Updated: 10 November 2016
- Key dates added.
- Information added on the repair/replacement of groynes damaged over the winter.
- Arrangements for public exhibition deleted, link added to Flickr and images of exhibition panels.
- Reference to the october public exhibition at Starcross and Cockwood updated.
- Updated informatioin about public exhibition.
- Date of November's public exhibition added.
- First published.