Report investigating how best to influence people to behave in a way that will keep them safe online.
A significant part of maintaining cyber security is the insecure behaviours of internet users. This report applies social and behavioural insights to cyber security challenges to answer the following questions:
- what behaviours should people display to reduce their vulnerability to cyber security attacks?
- why do people not behave securely online?
- what can theories of behaviour tell us about how to effectively influence behaviour?
- what is the role of communication campaigns in changing behaviour?
- how can interventions be designed to motivate appropriate cyber security behaviour?