Customs Vision for 2020
Customs Vision for 2020 sets out our plan to facilitate legitimate international trade and support the UK's growth and prosperity.
PDF, 1.87MB, 12 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
UK Customs faces many challenges over the next 5 years. To deliver a quality service it needs a clear vision and ambition. This document sets out the government’s ambition for the UK to be recognised globally as having the world’s leading Customs authority for facilitating legitimate trade whilst protecting our society and growing our economy. The document sets out how we intend to do this and how we will measure the success of our actions.
As well as a strong digital theme, the document focuses on:
- positioning the UK in the international environment to influence global direction for customs to deliver UK aims
- implementing a legal and policy framework that provides a modern environment for businesses to flourish
- coordinating the work of government agencies at the border to minimise costs and burdens for government and industry
- working closely with trusted, compliant traders to offer greater levels of facilitation so you can focus on the non-compliant
- modernising the capability of industry and customs to keep pace with a changing world
Delivery of the Customs Vision for 2020 will increase our revenue yield, drive down tax avoidance and evasion, make it easier for customers to comply with their customs obligations and support businesses to grow. We are already working with our customers to deliver this vision.
Published: 22 January 2016
From: HM Revenue & Customs