CoRWM’s proposed programme of work outlines CoRWM’s remit and upcoming priorities. It also provides a breakdown of the allocation of resource that will be spent on each area of work. CoRWM’s proposed priorities for scrutiny and advice in 2016-17 are;
- To provide advice to DECC on all the Work Packages arising from the White Paper “Implementing Geological Disposal”
- To provide advice to the Welsh Government on radioactive waste issues in Wales
- To provide advice to the Scottish Government on the management of radioactive waste issues in Scotland
- To provide advice on RWM’s development of the GDF Safety Case
- To provide advice to DECC and other Sponsors on the scope, focus and timeliness of RWM’s transition to an effective GDF delivery organisation
- To provide advice on Management of Radioactive Wastes, Spent Fuel and Nuclear Materials in England, Scotland and Wales
- Provide effective engagement with the public and other stakeholders to raise the profiles of CoRWM and help inspire confidence in its work.
This has been approved by Ministers in DECC and the Devolved Administrations.