We need to know the full reasons for your request to correct the details of an application to satisfy ourselves that we can accept your request.
You should give your explanation in the form of a witness statement, as described below.
You must head your statement with the words “TRADE MARKS ACT 1994”.
Under this, on the right hand side, you should insert details of:
- the application number
- the correct name of the applicant
- the correct name of the mark
Then include the title “Witness Statement”.
Part 1 - Who is making the statement
- the name of the person making the statement
- their address - usually the official business address, but it could be their private address
- their position, status, or rank within
- the applicant company
- the source of their information - personal knowledge, company records, or other source
Part 2 - Explanation
Say what mistake was made, how it was made, and by whom.
Confirm that ownership of the applicant company has not changed. If it has, then you need to record this as an assignment and send us Form TM16 PDF document (plus fee) instead.
Part 3 - Statement of truth
The statement must include these words. Then sign and date the statement.