Consultancy and advisory costs
Freedom of Information request and disclosure on the department's consultancy and advisory costs.
- Date requested: 15 September 2010
- Publish date: 6 October 2010
- Updated: 18 November 2010
Can the department provide the following information:
- How much has your department spent on consultancy costs in the financial year 2009/10?
- How much has your department spent on project advisory costs in the financial year 2009/10?
The department’s spend on consultancy for the period April 2009 to March 2010 was £73,575,015. This information was taken from the department’s accounts payable system and the definition of consultancy used was all consultancy costs related to advisory services within finance, IT, strategy, legal, property and construction, human resource, training and education, technical, procurement, marketing and communications and organisational and change management.
The closest categorisation of spend the department has to ‘project advisory’ is programme and project management consultancy, and from April 2009 to March 2010 the department’s spend in this category was £242,070.
Published: 6 October 2010
From: Department for Education