Report exploring the evolution of algorithmic classes.
Ref: BIS/11/1235 PDF, 311KB, 22 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Algorithmic classes are sets of systematic trading strategies with similar objectives. This report explores the factors that drive the evolution of algorithmic classes. It analyses the:
- impact of changes in regulation
- development of new trading venues
- technological innovations
- economic environment
- changes in market micro-structure
- availability and quality of data
- progress in academic research
This review was commissioned as part of the Foresight project on the future of computer trading.