Company ownership: transparency and trust - impact assessments
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Part of:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment (SBEE) Act and Corporate governance
- 24 April 2014
- Last updated:
- 25 June 2014, see all updates
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Impact assessments for company ownership and director disqualification proposals.
Final stage impact assessments to Part A of the transparency and trust proposals (Companies Transparency)
Ref: BIS/14/908A PDF, 2.26MB, 234 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Final stage impact assessments to Part B of the transparency and trust proposals (Director Disqualification Regime)
Ref: BIS/14/908B PDF, 1.02MB, 104 pages
Transparency and trust: enhancing the transparency of UK company ownership and increasing trust in UK business: equality impact assessments
Ref: BIS/14/883 PDF, 382KB, 36 pages
Transparency and trust: enhancing the transparency of UK company ownership and increasing trust in UK business: privacy impact assessments
Ref: BIS/14/884 PDF, 658KB, 77 pages
Final stage impact assessments
Final stage impact assessments covering proposals in the government response to the Company ownership: transparency and trust discussion paper. They are split into 2 documents:
Impact assessments covered in Part A (Companies Transparency)
- enhanced transparency of company beneficial ownership
- prohibiting bearer shares in UK companies
- transparent arrangements involving company directors
Impact assessments covered in Part B (Director Disqualification Regime)
- matters to be taken into account by the court when determining that a person is unfit to act as a company director
- widening the scope of material that can be used in director disqualification proceedings under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 (CDDA)
- extending the time limit for director disqualification proceedings under the CCDA
- enabling liquidators and administrators to assign to third parties certain rights of action that only they can bring under the Insolvency Act 1986, and to extend the right to bring fraudulent and wrongful trading actions to an administrator
- giving the court and Secretary of State a power to make a compensatory award against a director
- protecting the market from the individuals who have been convicted overseas
Equality impact assessments
These assessments show the likely impact of the transparency and trust policies on groups with protected characteristics. This analysis helps identify potential areas of discrimination and allows the policy to be updated or changed before it is implemented.
Privacy impact assessments
The assessments have been conducted to identify any data protection issues in relation to the various sections of the transparency and trust package. This analysis has identified any potential privacy risks and focuses on ensuring that the policy complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant legislation.
Published: 24 April 2014
Updated: 25 June 2014
- Updated Part B impact assessment, and added Part A, equality and privacy impact assessments. Also attached additional equality and privacy impact assessments.
- First published.