Working together as a community or group to complete a plan will help you respond quickly when flooding happens. It can help you decide what practical actions to take before and during a flood, helping reduce the damage flooding can cause.
You can use and amend the flood plan template. Include:
- details of local flood co-ordination centre
- means of reporting incidents
- location of emergency evacuation rest centres
- methods of passing on information, for example, notice boards
- details about the areas at risk