An independent report from Parsons Brinckerhoff regarding certain aspects of gas and coal power plant technology in the UK and associated modelling assumptions.
Parsons Brinckerhoff was asked by DECC to undertake a study in relation to certain aspects of gas and coal power plant technology in the UK and associated modelling assumptions. The areas considered were:
- Maximum feasible build rates for Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) and Open Cycle Gas Turbine (OCGT) power stations
- Factors that could affect the variation in costs for CCGT and OCGT power stations
- Technologies which could be applied to existing coal fired power plants in order to attain compliance with the forthcoming Industrial Emissions Directive (IED)
- The costs of retrofitting these technologies (SCR and Hybrid SCR/SNCR)
- The work required for plant life extensions for existing power stations