A key element of the People Survey is the ‘Employee Engagement Index’. This is a measure of how engaged employees are with their work and is calculated from responses to five of the key questions in the People Survey:
- I am proud when I tell others I am part of the Scotland Office
- I would recommend the Scotland Office as a great place to work
- I feel a strong personal attachment to the Scotland Office
- The Scotland Office inspires me to do the best in my job
- The Scotland Office motivates me to help it achieve its objectives
Research in the private and public sector suggests organisations with high levels of engagement are more efficient and effective. The Scotland Office Employee Engagement Index was calculated at 70 this year. This is one point up on last year last year and nine points above other similar high performing Civil Service organisations.