Children held in Immigration Removal Centres
We have received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following: Regarding the Immigration Removal Centres listed below…
We have received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following:
Regarding the Immigration Removal Centres listed below:
Brook House; Manchester Short-Term Hold Facility; Campsfield House; Colnbrook; Dover; Dungavel; Harmondsworth; Haslar; Lindholme; Oakington; Tinsley House; Yarl’s Wood.
1. The number of children (the term children in this request refers to anybody under the age of 18 years) currently held at each centre and how long they have been detained.
2. The number of children held in 2006, 2007 and 2008 broken down by month.
3. A list of the services available for children in each centre.
4. Whether the use of force has been necessary in the past 5 years against any children held at the Centre and the year when such force was used and what type of force was used.
5. Whether any children have been held in temporary confinement in the past five years, please outline the year when this occurred and what the reason for such confinement was.
6. Have any children been kept under special control or restraint in the past five years and what were the circumstances surrounding these incidents.
7. Have any children attempted suicide whilst in the centre, if yes how many incidents have occurred in the last 5 years.
8. Whether any children have been placed under special observation in the past five years and if yes how many.
9. The operating procedures of the centre and the staff handbook (if this is too difficult then please provide me with the sections relating to the procedures and training given to staff with regards to children).
We released the following information on 20 January 2010.
Published: 20 January 2010
From: Home Office