Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit: why overpayments happen WTC8
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- HM Revenue and Customs: leaflets, factsheets and booklets and Tax credits
- 2 April 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
Advice and examples of how overpayments of tax credits can happen.
Ref: WTC8 PDF, 477KB, 12 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
If you are overpaid you may wonder why this has happened. Here are some of the most common reasons why people end up with an overpayment.
Published: 2 April 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- Annual Tax year changes update
- Annual tax year changes to the WTC8 and Welsh version available
- The 2015 to 2016 form has been added to this page.
- First published.