We have a received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following: Regarding the education of children in immigration…
We have a received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following:
Regarding the education of children in immigration removal centres:
1. Are classes provided for children?
2. If yes, please can you outline how many times a week they take place?
3. What the age range of the pupils in each class is?
4. What the curriculum for the classes is?
5. What the attendance (or attendance rate) of the classes are?
6. If children are in the middle of an examination year (such as GCSE) what arrangements are put in place to ensure that their education does not suffer?
7. What attempts are made to contact a child’s school, doctor and/or social worker to obtain a history of the child? What information is collected about a child when they arrive at the centre - e.g. medical, educational etc.? In what percentage of cases is information actually successfully collected?
We released the following information on 20 January 2010.