FOI 3798 We have a received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following: Concerning Certificate of Approval for…
We have a received a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for the following:
Concerning Certificate of Approval for Marriage:-
- What are the criteria which are taken into account in deciding whether or not to award a certificate of approval?
- Since the legislation was introduced, what is the maximum time which it has taken for a decision to be made?
- Is four weeks the minimum time required to make a decision?
- Why does it take this long to arrive at a decision - is it due to limited resources or is it deliberate policy
- Are there any arrangements in place for applicants who need to be out of the country regularly as part of their employment conditions?
- If there are no such arrangements, is it intentional that UK citizens are not allowed to marry an overseas worker who has to go abroad regularly for his/her work?
- Is it correct that the UK fiance/e may request their passport to be returned within ten days of receipt of the application?