This guidance is for regulating operators who blend, pack, load and unload cement.
Regulators can be:
- district councils, borough councils, unitary councils or port health authorities in England and Wales
- the Scottish Environment Protection Agency in Scotland
- district councils or the Northern Ireland Environment Agency in Northern Ireland
This PGN includes:
- air emission limits
- emission monitoring methods
- best available techniques to control air emissions
- application form template
- model permit for animal feed compounding installations
Animal feed compounding is a ‘Part B’ activity under the local authority pollution prevention and control (LAPPC) regime.