- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, Department of the Environment (Northern Ireland), Welsh Government, and The Scottish Government
- Part of:
- Local Air Pollution Prevention and Control (LAPPC): process guidance notes
- 1 November 2014
Local authority regulators must use this process guidance note (PGN) to assess applications and write permits for cement use.
This guidance is for regulating operators who blend, pack, load and unload cement.
Regulators can be:
- district councils, borough councils, unitary councils or port health authorities in England and Wales
- the Scottish Environment Protection Agency in Scotland
- district councils or the Northern Ireland Environment Agency in Northern Ireland
This PGN includes:
- air emission limits
- emission monitoring methods
- best available techniques to control air emissions
- application form template
- model permit for animal feed compounding installations
Animal feed compounding is a ‘Part B’ activity under the local authority pollution prevention and control (LAPPC) regime.
Published: 1 November 2014