Building Regulations and (Amendment) Regulations 2015: circular 01/2015
This circular explains changes made to the Building Regulations 2010 and the Building (Approved Inspectors etc.) Regulations 2010.
Ref: ISBN 978-0-1175-4154-2 PDF, 725KB, 16 pages
Order a copy (£6.00)
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The purpose of this circular is to:
- draw attention to the Building Regulations &c (Amendment) Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/767) and explain the changes they make to the Building Regulations 2010 and the Building (Approved Inspectors etc.) Regulations 2010
- announce the authorisation of a number of new and extended competent person self-certification schemes and the revocation of authorisation of 3 schemes for particular types of work
- explain the application of the transitional provisions.
- announce the approval and publication of 4 new approved documents and the amendment of an approved document
- announce the approval of a methodology for the calculation of water efficiency in new dwellings
The changes made by these regulations apply in England and to excepted energy buildings in Wales.
These amendment regulations come into effect on the 1 October 2015.