Whistleblowing: list of prescribed people and bodies
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Corporate governance and Labour market reform
- First published:
- 1 October 2014
- Last updated:
- 24 November 2016, see all updates
List of prescribed people and bodies you can report malpractice to, other than your employer.
If you decide to blow the whistle to a prescribed person rather than your employer, you must make sure that you’ve chosen the correct person or body for your issue.
This document is a list of the prescribed persons and bodies who you can make a disclosure to. There is also a brief description about the matters you can report to each prescribed person.
Published: 1 October 2014
Updated: 24 November 2016
- The following bodies were added to the list: Wales Audit Office (Business, finance or fraud); Qualifications Wales (Education); Food Standards Scotland (Food standards); Office of Rail and Road (Health and safety); National Guardian's Office (Healthcare); Local government commissioners (Local authorities); and Older People's Commissioner Wales (Social care).
- Updated list of prescribed people and bodies.
- Updated to amend some administrative changes and summarise the existing Order.
- Ofqual's email address in publication BIS/15/43 updated.
- Reason for 27 Jan update: Revenue Scotland and Registers of Scotland added following their inclusion on 2014 Order, 1 Jan 2015
- New version of attachment published.
- First published.