Basic PAYE Tools: user guide
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Guidance for employers on using Basic PAYE Tools (BPT) and PAYE
- 12 June 2014
- Last updated:
- 7 April 2017, see all updates
Step by step help on the most common functions of Basic PAYE Tools. Includes how to correct submissions and how to make final submissions for the tax year.
This guide will help you when using Basic PAYE Tools (BPT). It contains examples of screens you’ll see in BPT and includes simple to follow instructions.
Published: 12 June 2014
Updated: 7 April 2017
- Annual updates 2017-2018 have been carried out.
- Updated guidance available.
- Essential updates to the Basic PAYE Tool User Guide for various tasks including information regarding auto enrolement.
- Full instructions have been added to the Basic PAYE Tool User Guide for the tasks relating to annual reporting PAYE in Real Time Information.
- Basic PAYE Tools information updated for 2014 to 2015 tax year.
- First published.