Bailiffs and enforcement agents: national standards
Minimum standards for bailiffs and enforcement agents involved in taking goods from people who owe others money.
Applies to England and Wales
You should follow these standards if you’re an enforcement agent or a bailiff, or using bailiffs to get your money back.
The standards cover:
- what you should do if you want to use bailiffs
- your ethical and professional duties
- your complaints and disciplinary process
- times and hours of visits
- gaining entry to a property
- taking goods
- dealing with vulnerable individuals
These standards don’t replace the law, codes of practice or local agreements.
Published 6 April 2014