How schools can buy, install and maintain an automated external defibrillator.
This information is for:
- local-authority-maintained schools
It provides details on how to:
- install, use and maintain an AED in school
- buy an AED
The guide’s buying arrangements are also open to:
- independent schools
- further education colleges
- local-authority-maintained nursery schools
- independent nursery schools
- pre-school establishments
- private, voluntary and independent nurseries
- holiday and out-of-school providers
An AED is a machine you can use to give an electric shock to a person to restore their normal heart rhythm.