This guidance will help you choose the authenticator that will give you the right level of protection for your service. An authenticator could be some information (like a password), a piece of software or a device.
This guidance was written by Government Digital Service (GDS) with help from organisations across the public sector. Key contributors include:
- Companies House
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- HM Land Registry
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence (MoD)
- National Crime Agency (NCA)
- National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)
- the Scottish Government
It has been reviewed by organisations from the financial and technology industries, as well as privacy advocates and digital identity experts.