Describes the job role that an apprentice will be doing and the skills required of them by the welding sector.
This document is relevant to:
- employers wanting to recruit an apprentice
- training organisations working with employers to make the apprenticeships available
The approved standard outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice and the job they will need to be able to do by the time they have completed their apprenticeship.
This standard is ready to use.
Employers involved in creating this standard
The standard for a welder (level 3) was developed by:
- BAE Systems Maritime
- Doosan Babcock
- Pall Europe
- Graham Engineering Ltd
- Hudson-Swan Engineering Ltd
- TEi Ltd
- Billington Structures Ltd
- H Young Structures Ltd
- William Haley Engineering Ltd
- The Welding Institute
- British Constructional Steelwork Association
- Manufacturing Technology Centre
Funding information for employers and training organisations
Funding band: 10
Funding band maximum: £12,000
Read the apprenticeship funding rules for further information.